Types Of ID
Identifying my customer
“Current” means having an issue date which is prior to the notarial act.
• A U.S. passport or passport card which is current and unexpired.
• A foreign passport which is current and unexpired, in a language the notary understands;
• A U.S. driver’s license or non-driver identification card which is current and unexpired; or
• A Canadian or Mexican driver’s license or non-driver identification card which is current
and unexpired, in a language the notary understands.
Other forms of government identification must be current, must contain the individual’s
signature or photograph, and must be satisfactory to the notary:
• U.S. armed forces identification card
• Pennsylvania Department of Corrections inmate identification card issued to an inmate
currently in the Department’s custody
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security identification card
• Social Security card
• Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Identification card
• Pennsylvania state and state-related university identification card